Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Young talent

So, once again I was going through a bunch of videos on Youtube because the talent and creativity is endless. I came across this video of a young girl doing a phenomenal jazz solo and was instantly blown away by her talent. Her turns, jumps, flexibility, and personality were very strong. I then read the information on the video and found out that this whole package deal was only 10 years old! My immediate reaction was "Wow, this girl is amazing" then I started to dig a little deeper and I have some mixed emotions about it. First of all she is obviously a natural but even with natural talent it takes years for a dancer to develop this kind of technique which means this 10 year old must spend 90% of her time training. I also feel like her innocence has been taken from her. Theres nothing 10 years old about this girl and sometimes I enjoy watching talented little girls who have room to grow. With that said I'm still amazed by this little girl and wish her all the best. Check her out for yourself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment