Thursday, March 25, 2010

Cardio Barre


Most of my dance training is done at Beyond Dance in Brooklyn, New York and every year we have a guest choreographer come in and put together a routine for our company groups. This year like last year we are working with Stephanie Madden, a former traveling rockette. Along with putting together a great piece yesterday she introduced us to a new way to workout through dance its called "Cardio Barre". This was the first time I heard about this and because I'm obsessed with working out the second I heard cardio I knew I'd love this. Basically this consist of different aerobic and dance movements using the ballet barre. All the moves are done at a fast non-stop pace with numerous repetition. I have to say that this was one hell of a workout. I've been into fitness for 2 years and have taken all kinds of classes and this was definitely intense and I woke up pretty sore. I think all dancers should give this workout a try and I think anyone looking to change up their routine should try this as well. Training in cardio barre is not mainstream yet however they do sell DVD's online! I know I'm definitely going to hunt for a local cardio barre class and when I master the technique I will put together a class for all my locals to try ! If you want information on classes or dvds feel free to contact me through any of my websites :)

No comments:

Post a Comment