Hey lovies! As the year comes to a close its time to reflect on all the wonderful accomplishments we've made and hard times we've gone through. Keep in mind that everything that happened good or bad this year can either be taken with you into the new year or left in the past. The same goes for your fitness and nutrition and in this post I'll give you some pointers on how to set yourself up for success this coming year. So whether your looking to get back on track, starting from scratch, or just maintaining your already fabulous fitness routine then this is for you!
1. Don't set yourself up for failure: If you make a ridiculous New Years resolution or fitness goal like "I'm going to have the body of a Victoria's Secret model in 2 months" then you've already lost. Be realistic with yourself and set a reasonable goal.
2. Try something new: Maybe its time you try that Zumba class you've been hearing about or maybe sign up for a race! Try anything new and you will be motivated to stay on track.
3. Pictures: Images are really motivating! Take a shot of yourself from your body at its worst and best then hang it up somewhere you will see everyday (fridge, treadmill, bedroom). Seeing those images will be a constant reminder for you to stay in shape! (I do it every year!)
4. Get the word diet out of your head!: Too many people say i'm going on a diet for the new year. News flash a diet is temporary and doesn't work. Think of it as a lifestyle change, the word diet is just too negative!
5. Write it down: Buy yourself a journal or join an online fitness community where you can track down your caloric intake and work outs. Seeing what your eating and what your burning is key to weight loss!
6. Make an everyday goal: Make a small goal that you will follow everyday or week and stick with it FOREVER! Heres some ideas: have an apple everyday, only drink coffee once a day, always get veggies on your pizza, have diet soda no more than twice a week. The possibilities are endless and the more simple the goal the easier it is to stick with it. These small changes can and will have a significant impact on your health and figure!
Need more inspiration and tips? Check-out Shape magazines list of the best celebrity slim downs of 2010!
Have a happy and safe holiday! Take control of your life this year, be strong, and stay positive. Wishing you the best for the new year! x0
PS: Stay tuned for the launch of my website in early 2011!!!
Saturday, December 4, 2010
Hey loves! As the holiday season is well under way I decided it was an important time to reconnect with you all. I hope you are all just as excited as I am about the wonderful holidays but I want to make sure you truly enjoy all the fun with zero guilt! The holidays are a fun time to share quality time with loved ones, family, and friends and unfortunately "'tis the season for overeating"! Did you know that during the holidays the average American packs on an extra five pounds! Personally I'm not one to deprive myself during the holiday festivities but just like you I don't want to pack on ANY pounds either. After consulting several different magazines and online sources I put together this list of simple ways to save your waist line without any deprivation. Try one, four, or all of them for a truly happy and skinny holiday season. Have fun x0
1. EAT! Many people starve themselves the entire day until the party in order to "save calories" for the huge dinner. Big mistake, by the time you eat your body is in starvation mode and will over eat. Eat your normal breakfast and lunch which will lead you to eating a normal dinner too.
2. DRINK WATER! Right before you head out consume a glass of water and continue to drink water throughout the night to keep the calorie count down.
3. IF YOU DON'T LOVE IT, DON'T EAT IT! Don't eat anything just because it's there or because you feel pressure to eat everything presented to you.
4. CHEW GUM! Chewing on a piece of gum will keep you out of trouble by keeping your mouth occupied throughout the event.
5. EAT BEFORE YOU GO! Have something fiber filled like an apple before you head out the door, it will moderate your appetite.
6. STAY AWAY! Don't sit close to the snacks, buffet table, or dessert trays. If you have to walk away from your current engagement to get a bite you'll think twice.
7. WATCH THE BOOZE! I hope we all know how calorie packed alcohol is and if you over do it your less likely to care about your food choices.
8. SNUG CLOTHING! If your too busy holding in you tummy to look great in that outfit food will be the last thing on your wondering mind.
9. BRING A DISH! Find a wonderful healthy holiday recipe, make it, and bring it to the party. The party host will love your contribution and you now have a healthy meal on your plate.
10. SKIP THE TOPPINGS! Stay away from extra cheese, dressing, nuts, gravy's, or anything else in that family. The meals are delicious without it and they are calorie demons.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS :)