Hey lovies! As the year comes to a close its time to reflect on all the wonderful accomplishments we've made and hard times we've gone through. Keep in mind that everything that happened good or bad this year can either be taken with you into the new year or left in the past. The same goes for your fitness and nutrition and in this post I'll give you some pointers on how to set yourself up for success this coming year. So whether your looking to get back on track, starting from scratch, or just maintaining your already fabulous fitness routine then this is for you!
1. Don't set yourself up for failure: If you make a ridiculous New Years resolution or fitness goal like "I'm going to have the body of a Victoria's Secret model in 2 months" then you've already lost. Be realistic with yourself and set a reasonable goal.
2. Try something new: Maybe its time you try that Zumba class you've been hearing about or maybe sign up for a race! Try anything new and you will be motivated to stay on track.
3. Pictures: Images are really motivating! Take a shot of yourself from your body at its worst and best then hang it up somewhere you will see everyday (fridge, treadmill, bedroom). Seeing those images will be a constant reminder for you to stay in shape! (I do it every year!)
4. Get the word diet out of your head!: Too many people say i'm going on a diet for the new year. News flash a diet is temporary and doesn't work. Think of it as a lifestyle change, the word diet is just too negative!
5. Write it down: Buy yourself a journal or join an online fitness community where you can track down your caloric intake and work outs. Seeing what your eating and what your burning is key to weight loss!
6. Make an everyday goal: Make a small goal that you will follow everyday or week and stick with it FOREVER! Heres some ideas: have an apple everyday, only drink coffee once a day, always get veggies on your pizza, have diet soda no more than twice a week. The possibilities are endless and the more simple the goal the easier it is to stick with it. These small changes can and will have a significant impact on your health and figure!
Need more inspiration and tips? Check-out Shape magazines list of the best celebrity slim downs of 2010!
Have a happy and safe holiday! Take control of your life this year, be strong, and stay positive. Wishing you the best for the new year! x0
PS: Stay tuned for the launch of my website in early 2011!!!