Thursday, April 15, 2010

After Burn


As I mentioned in previous posts I love to work out! I usually work out 5 to 6 days out of the week and lately I've got into this habit of working out twice a day for 3 of those days. Most people would just think I'm crazy or a workout addict (not ruling out that idea haha) but there really is a method to my madness. I purchased "Making the cut" by Jillian Michaels which is a 30 day fitness and diet plan to the "strongest,sexiest you". Although I don't follow the fitness or diet plan from this book just yet I found some exercise tips and concepts that seemed really great and adapted them to my general routine. Michaels has a section in this book titled "Twice a day" which is where I got the original idea of working out twice a day. Michaels explains that "after burn" plays a major role in the amount of calories you burn. After burn is the amount of calories your body burns post working out. After working out your body works over time to get back to "pre-work out" conditions. When you work out twice a day your body goes through this process twice and your after burn is now doubled. Is this going to make a HUGE impact on how many pounds that will be shed overall? No but its just an extra little push and when your trying to get into top physical shape every little extra counts. So if your looking to be in ridiculous shape give it a try ! Just spilt up your weight lifting and cardio session and your good to go! This concept is not for everyone but I just thought I'd give you the 411 about "gyming it" twice a day. Interested in learning more about this or getting into great shape? Check the book out for yourself because this woman obviously knows what shes talking about !

No comments:

Post a Comment